A Complete System
EVOLUTION is complete and ready to install right out of the box. The system includes the mounting bracketry, a hand held controller with tactile keypad for message entry and the printhead module with internal product sensor.
Inkjet Technology by Hewlett Packard
Designed by Digital Design, the EVOLUTION is powered with ink jet technology by Hewlett Packard. This combination gives you the benefits of an affordable, compact and efficient design coupled with the reliability of printhead technology by Hewlett Packard. Digital Design is an authorized
HP PARTNER for HP Ink Jet Technology.
Optimum Print Resolution
EVOLUTION delivers bold, highly legible and fully formed characters in a print resolution of 300dpi at production line speeds of up to 200 feet per minute.
Variable Character Heights
Standard within the system is the ability to print a one line message in 1/2" characters, or two lines of text in 7/32" high characters. Selecting the character size is accomplished through the font key on the hand held controller. Additional font styles and character sizes are available as options.
Built into the printhead is a 42cc ink reservoir. Once the ink in the cartridge is depleted, it can be removed, disposed of and a new ink cartridge inserted in just moments.
Breakaway Printhead Protection
On a typical powered conveyor or cast taper, corrugated cartons can sometimes come through off center or skewed. The horizontal mounting rod that holds the printhead module has been designed with a breakaway feature that moves the printhead out of harms way should the carton come in contact with it. A detent in the assembly allows you to securely snap the printhead module back into position after the misaligned carton has past.
Adding another printhead is as simple as sliding it on. Each printhead module is manufactured with a dovetail slot on one side and a dovetail slide on the other. You can attach up to three additional printhead on a single bracket by simply inserting the slide on one into the slot on the other. A small RS485 data cable is then used to connect the modules. This allows the hand held controller to network all of the printheads on the production line.
EVOLUTION is supplied with a built in font style. Optional alternative font styles and character heights are available and can be downloaded into the printhead modules through flash card media. Logos are another option and up to three can be downloaded into the printhead module and the message through the same style flash card.
The hand held controller has the capability of controlling up to 32 individual printhead modules through the use of a RS485 data cable. A small data cable is used to connect the individual modules on the same production line while a longer cable connects them to the printhead modules on the next production line in the manufacturing area. All of the modules have a discreet address which is used to identify them for message entry functions.Complete PC control on the EVOLUTION network through our EVOLUTION-NET software is available as an option.
Evolution Product Specifications
Standard System Includes
- A controller with 4 line x 16 character LCD with tactile keypad for message entry.
- A high resolution printhead module with complete mounting bracketry and internal product sensor for side coding applications.
Standard Operating Features
- Alpha/numeric character set plus special characters
- Ability to control up to 32 printheads via RS485
- Bracketry capable of mounting up to 4 printheads
- Character Heights: 1/2 (12.7mm) and 7/32" (5.5mm)
- Message Length: 24 character in 1/2" height message 48 characters in 7/32" (24/line)
- Print Resolution: 300dpi at 200 feet (61m) per minute
- Programmable line speed
- Programmable print direction
- Programmable print delay for registration
- Inter-character spacing
- Inverted printing
- Multiple language prompts: English and Spanish
- Up to 200 feet (61m) per minute
- Cartridge volume: 42cc
- Colors: Dark Blue, Cyan, Red, Green and Yellows
- Low ink monitoring
- 110-240 VAC, 50-60Hz 0.5A
- 50F - 104F (10C - 40C)
- Up to 80% RH non-condensing
- Controller: 4.125" wide x 8.750" long x 1.5" deep
- Printhead module: 2" wide x 4" deep x 3" high
- Add-on High Resolution printhead modules
- Spring loaded carton follower Top coding bracketry
- Floor stand
- External product sensor
- External encoder
- Alternative fonts: Downloadable via custom programmed flash card media
- Logos: Ability to load up to EVOLUTION-NET software for PC
Special Software Package 1 includes:
- Message storage: Up to 50 messages system wide
- Automatic message repeat
- Password protection
Special Software Package 2 includes:
- Variable time formats
- Variable date formats
- Sequential numbering
- Contents of Software Package No. 1