The Windows-based interface allows
intuitive handling of the printer. The great variety of functions are clearly
shown on the 10.4" touch display.
Numerous interfaces on the back of
the printer make the integration of the printer very easy. The JET3 offers, for
example, connections for USB, Ethernet and digital I/O.
State-of-the-art technology such as
the LEIBINGER nozzle seal and the hydraulics design without permanently operated
pressure pumps lead to minimum service and highest availability
The use of high quality components, the
automatic control as well as the monitoring of all parameters such as ink
pressure, drop break-off point and viscosity guarantee highest
Quality "made in Germany".
The minimal use of ink, solvent and energy as
well as minimum maintenance provide highest efficiency.
Automatic nozzle seal
Nozzle and gutter tube close
airtight. This prevents drying of ink in the print head. Even after a long-term
shut-down of the printer, an instant start without cleaning is guaranteed.
Innovation and quality to an extremely high degree attributes which LEIBINGER
stands for in the area of industrial inkjet technology. The printers made in
Germany with the well-established LEIBINGER logo prove their reliability and
The applications are, for example, best before dates or lot numbers on
packages, data matrix codes in the pharmaceuticals and automotive industries as
well as printing on cable with white pigmented contrast inks. Solvent inks are
already wipe-proof after one second and suitable for materials like glass,
plastics or metal.
Printing uses Continuous Inkjet technology for fast, non-contact marking. Several conceivable forms of surfaces, such as flat, concave, convex and structured, can be printed on. Even for bigger distances between print head and product, a consistently good print quality can be guaranteed.
Easy handling is a basic requirement for smooth production. The LEIBINGER
JET3 offers intuitive and comfortable operation with Windows CE technology on a
10.4" colour TFT touch display. Large keys, menu navigation in different
languages as well as many special functions like graphic and font editor make
the handling very easy. The newly developed refill system guarantees clean
and splash-free re-filling.
Highest availability is guaranteed by the automatic LEIBINGER nozzle seal
which closes the nozzle and return-line airtight after shut-down. No drying or
clogging can occur due to the closed ink circuit. Even after long-term
shut-downs, drying of ink can be excluded. By pressing only one button the
printer starts and the nozzle seal opens automatically. The JET3 is ready to
print in one minute.
The efficiency of the JET3 printer is ideal. State-of-the-art technology in
hydraulics, electronics and print head design guarantee minimum use of ink,
solvent and energy as well as minimum maintenance requirements.
The JET3 is easy to integrate into existing machines. The round and sturdy
print head can be installed in each direction. Several up-to-date interfaces
like Ethernet, USB and so on, are available for optimal connection. The
stainless steel cabinet offers the protection class IP 54 and for rough
environments, the JET3pro with the protection class IP 65 is ideally
LEIBINGER JET3 is the state-of-the-art inkjet printer which achieves
requirements for marking and coding systems in the industrial environment for
the present and future. Highest availability, highest efficiency, various
opportunities for integration and easiest handling. Typical attributes for
quality "made in Germany".
Print performance /functions
- Printing speed up to 6.6 m/s (10 cpi)
- Printing height 0.8 to 16 mm, depending on nozzle size and head type
- Country and industry-specific fonts, Arabic, Cyrillic, Chinese, Persian
- Fonts: from 5x5 to 32x24, special fonts, user-programmable fonts, tower
- Multi-line fonts (1 to 5 lines)
- Fonts and graphics can be positioned and combined in the print jobs as
- Proportional function for all fonts
- Font height and font width adjustable
- All major barcodes and data matrix codes (ECC200), GS1 Data Matrix (EAN/ECC)
- Time, auto-adjustable date, auto-adjustable expiration date, weekdays,
calendar weeks, Julian calendar, shift identification
- Replacements: all date, time and counter functions can be replaced and
- 10 individually programmable counters, consecutive numbering, production
counter, meter marking with "Meter Go" function
- User-programmable graphics/logos can be created in the integrated editor
- Multistage contrast and bold function, print repetition, print delay,
backward print, rotation/mirroring of font, inverse, reverse and alternating
- Dynamic backward printing, for traversing lines
- Programmable batch production and interlinking of multiple jobs
- External text function
- Variable text (database application)
- Stop function after reaching preselected amount
- Data buffer in case of power failure
- Print jobs saved with printing data and machine parameters
- Data logging
- Up and download of jobs and graphics using USB stick
- Storage capacity: SD-Card, can be expanded as desired
- Job select (1024 jobs selectable from external source)
- 10.4" colour TFT touch-screen display (SVGA)
- Creating and editing jobs during production
- Available menu languages, depending on language package: English, German,
Chinese, Arabic, Cyrillic, etc. Optionally, other languages can be established.
- Integrated font editor
- Integrated graphic editor
- Alternate control using the data interface (serial or Ethernet)
- Country-specific on-screen key pad
- Operation also by mouse or key board
- Comprehensive self-diagnosis and status display with easy-to-understand
text, help function, printer status display ("traffic lights")
- Storage of numerous jobs and graphics (storage extension via SD-Card)
- Password function and service menu
- Windows-based interface, WYSIWYG, real-time updating of display
- Product detector PNP/NPN 24V
- Shaft encoder input for printing speed synchronisation (TTL 5V, HTL 24V,
- Digital inputs/outputs user-selectable, 6 inputs, 8 outputs
- Printer alarm, low fluid, print ready, print finished, external job
- Serial interface (V24/RS 232) up to 115200 baud
- USB port
- Ethernet (industry standard M12D)
- Remote maintenance via RS232
LEIBINGER hydraulic system
- Low maintenance, diaphragm pumps with optimised on-time
- Fully automatic viscosity and pressure control
- Thermally isolated hydraulics
- No external supply of compressed air is required
- Automatic interval function
- Flexible umbilical, length 3 m, 6 or 10 m (optional)
- Stainless steel body
- Fully automatic nozzle and gutter seal
- Fully automatic drop charging, drop break off and ink-jet control
- Nozzle size model JET3 and JET3pro: 50, 60, 70 µm. Model JET3pi: 60 and 70
µm. Model JET3mi: 40µm.
- Upside down – 360° assembly
- Safety switch for print head locking
- Options: Head ventilation, 90° bent umbilical
- Capacity of the pressureless ink and solvent tanks is 1.3 litre.
- Refillable while printing
- Automatic level control
- Ink consumption: up to 130 million characters/ltr. (matrix 7x5/nozzle 50µm)
- Several dye-based inks and soft pigmented inks
- Fast drying inks (<1sec)
- MEK, ketone-free, alcoholbased inks
- Pigmented contrast inks (JET3pi)
- Ink colours (black, yellow, red, orange, white, blue, green, silver)
- Temperature and transfer-resistant inks
- Security, colour changing, sterilisation, adhesive and alcohol resistant
- Food-grade ink and food packaging inks
- Customised inks
Cabinet, dimensions and weights:
- Weight print head: 1.5 kg
- Weight cabinet: 20.5 kg
- Protection class: IP 54, for model JET3pro IP 65
Supplies and environmental conditions
- 100 V-240 V, 50-60 Hz, max. 40 VA
- Temperature range +5°C to +45°C
- Relative humidity max. 90%, non-condensing
- No external air pressure necessary
- Product detector, shaft encoders, printer stand, print head bracket, alarm
- Software for remote control, multi-head control and specific industries
Errors and changes reserved. All logos and brands used are registered
trademarks or brands of the manufacturer.
- Special printer for pigmented inks (e.g. white, yellow, blue, orange)
- Non-contact marking of dark backgrounds
- High availability and reliability guaranteed
Do you want to mark dark surfaces in high contrast with a LOT number or meter marking? Then you need an inkjet printer that can process pigmented inks (also known as contrast inks or opaque inks) to create a good contrast level on the product. After all, it is just as difficult to read conventional inks on dark backgrounds as it is to read writing from a fountain pen on black paper.
The challenge: Pigmented inks cannot be used in a standard inkjet printer. This would result in problems in short order because the pigment in the contrast inks would continuously build up in the hydraulic components and nozzle of the marking system. This plugs up the inkjet printer. The quality of the marking suffers and the availability and reliability of the inkjet printer is reduced. Paul LEIBINGER confronted this problem and developed its own pigment ink printer in which the ink pigments cannot set.
How does the JET3up PI do it? The combination of a unique hydraulic system with an integrated ink agitator and a fully automated interval mode for production shutdowns means that the ink regularly circulates through the entire inkjet printer. These processes prevent the pigments from permanently setting, for instance in white, yellow or orange pigmented ink.
- Micro printing down to 0.7 mm
- Precise coding of the smallest products
- Printing characters, numbers and barcodes in the smallest areas
A company has to ensure that all of its products are correctly marked to guarantee seamless tracking and to meet applicable legal requirements. However, this poses an enormous challenge for manufacturers that use a conventional inkjet coder when dealing with tiny products such as injectors, relays and wires. For technical reasons, these devices, which have an average nozzle size of 60 μm or 70 μm, cannot accurately print any text that is shorter than 1 cm.
Paul LEIBINGER noticed this problem and offers the JET3up MI inkjet coder as the solution. With a nozzle size of 35 μm or 40 μm, this printer is specially designed for coding especially small, thin lettering. The LEIBINGER JET3up MI is also perfect for applications that require printing a large amount of different information in a tiny space. The small, intricate labels created by the JET3up MI guarantee that the text is of a high quality and easy-to-read, even if the font height is short.